Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. was chartered on March 10, 1954, when several educators saw the need for a financial institution that could assist school employees. These visionaries came together, and under the direction of Laura W. Twyford, the Hampton Education Association Credit Union was formed. Until 1971 the credit union was set up in a broom closet at Hampton High School. The treasurer, Mr. Dick Gibson, operated mostly out of the trunk of his car. Today, we are proud to operate out of our branch location on Cunningham Drive in Hampton.
Many things have changed since we first opened our doors in 1954, but our mission is very much the same. Our focus is still helping educators and the community, putting members first and striving to give exceptional service.
Our Board of Directors
1st Vice Chairman
2nd Vice Chairman
Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission Statement
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. is committed to offering financial solutions that make a difference in our members' lives.
Our vision is to successfully serve the financial needs of our members, their families, and to be the financial institution of choice.