You are eligible to join Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. if you are a school system retiree, teacher, staff, student, or parent of a student currently attending school in the following cities and counties:
- Gloucester County Schools
- Gloucester Municipal Employees
- Hampton City Schools
- Isle of Wight County Schools
- Mathews County Schools
- Middlesex County Schools
- Poquoson Schools
- Surry County Schools
- Williamsburg/James City County Schools
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Hampton University
- All private schools located within these areas
A family member or co-worker who is currently a member may also refer you. Once you become a member, you may then refer your immediate family members and co-workers to join!
It’s easy to join!
Apply online by using one of the buttons below. Please choose Individual or Join Membership Application. The Membership form must be filled out COMPLETELY and documentation provided.
You will need the following to open your account:
- Driver’s License or other unexpired government ID such as a passport
- If your address on the ID is not current, we will need a utility bill or lease, etc., to verify your address
- How you qualify for membership (employer, family or co-worker referral, etc.)
- $5 to open a Savings Account
- $25 to open a Checking Account
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
JOINT MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
If you prefer to complete the Membership Application and schedule an appointment at the branch, you may click on the button below to begin the process. Please be sure to bring the necessary documentation with you.
Please review the disclosure documents below regarding the account. You will receive copies of all disclosure documents.
Membership and Account Agreement
Truth in Savings (TIS)