You are eligible to join Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. if you are a school system retiree, teacher, staff, student, or parent of a student currently attending school in the following cities and counties:
- Gloucester County Schools
- Gloucester Municipal Employees
- Hampton City Schools
- Isle of Wight County Schools
- Mathews County Schools
- Middlesex County Schools
- Poquoson Schools
- Surry County Schools
- Williamsburg/James City County Schools
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Hampton University
- All private schools located within these areas
A family member or co-worker who is currently a member may also refer you. Once you become a member, you may then refer your immediate family members and co-workers to join!
It’s easy to join!
STEP 1. Download and fill out the Membership Form. Forms must be filled out COMPLETELY and documentation provided.
STEP 2. Come to our Drive-thru Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5 PM with the following:
- Driver’s License or other unexpired government ID such as a passport
- If your address on the ID is not current, we will need a utility bill or lease, etc., to verify your address
- How you qualify for membership (employer, family or co-worker referral, etc.)
- $5 to open a Savings Account
- $25 to open a Checking Account
STEP 3. Once your account is open we will mail your account information and debit/ATM card or you may make an appointment to return for your account cards, etc. (approximately 1 hour)
Please review the disclosure documents below regarding the account. You will be given hard copies of all disclosure documents prior to opening your account.
Membership and Account Agreement
Truth in Savings (TIS)