To become a member of the Hampton Roads Educators’ Credit Union, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Currently employed or enrolled as a student in one of the following school systems:
- Hampton City Schools
- Gloucester County Schools
- Isle of Wight County Schools
- Matthews County Schools
- Middlesex County Schools
- New Horizons Hampton Campus
- Poquoson City Schools
- Surry County Schools
- Williamsburg/James City Count Schools
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Gloucester County Municipal Government
- Currently retired from one of the above school systems.
- Be home schooled in one of the localities listed above.
- Currently work for or be enrolled as a student in one of the private schools in the Hampton Roads area.
- Immediate family members of a current Hampton Roads Educators’ Credit Union member (parents, spouse, children, siblings, etc…).
Become a Member
Once you meet one of the requirements, it's easy to become a member of Hampton Roads Educators' Credit Union! All it takes is the following:
- Completed Membership Application
- A $5 opening deposit to a Share Savings Account and/or $25 opening deposit to a Share Draft Account.
- A form of valid Identification:
- Valid Picture ID (State Issued ID or Driver's License; Military ID; Passport)
- Second Valid ID(Social Security Card; paystub; etc.)
- We can not accept a PO Box address, therefore if your mailing address differs from your residential address please provide proof of address (paystub, bill, etc.)
- Retirees must be able to provide proof of retirement from a qualifying school system
At this time, Hampton Roads Educators' Credit Union does not open memberships via the Internet or E-mail. You may contact our Hampton branch to complete the membership process.