The Garland K. Keeling Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc. was established in 1968 by the Hampton Roads Chapter of the Virginia Credit Union League to honor Mr. Garland K. Keeling who was the first Managing Director of the Virginia Credit Union League. We are pleased to announce that we will for the 2016-2017 academic year, award four scholarships to seniors graduating from high schools in the Chapter's area.
Students must be nominated by the schools Director of Guidance or Principal and only one nomination per school. We are looking for the student that best meets the following criteria:
1. The student must be a graduating senior
2. The student should rank in the top of his/her class
3. The student must have received notification of acceptance from an accredited college of his/her choice on or before May 1, 2017
4. Consideration should be given to the character of the student
5. Consideration should be given to the financial need of the student.
6. The purpose of the Credit Union Movement, as adopted by the Virginia Credit Union League, is "Our only purpose is service to our fellow Man." The conduct of the student should exemplify this creed.
For an application or additional information, please contact us at 757-838-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee no later than Friday, May 5, 2017.